ONLINE BANKING AGREEMENT
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL APPLY TO AND GOVERN YOUR USE OF ONLINE BANKING SERVICES (FORMERLY KNOWN AS INTERNET BANKING SERVICES) OFFERED BY PEOPLES BANK, AND THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU WILL CREATE A VALID AND BINDING LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PEOPLES BANK. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT, CONTACT PEOPLES BANK OPERATIONS AT
- What This Agreement Covers. This Agreement between you and Peoples Bank governs your use of Peoples Bank’s Online Banking services, defined as any electronic service provided by Peoples Bank that permits you to access financial services or account information through the use of a computer. Access will be provided through the Internet. You are responsible for providing your own access to the Internet through the Service Provider of your choice. The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to, and shall supplement the terms, conditions, rules, and regulations that apply to any of your existing Peoples Bank accounts or services of Peoples Bank which you currently use.
- Online Banking Services. Online Banking enables you to review your current account information and to transfer funds between and among your accounts to the extent you identify your applicable accounts on your Online Banking application.
System Requirements. The following browsers are required to use Online Banking:
- Internet Explorer Version 11 or higher
- MS Edge
- Chrome (current version)
- Firefox (current version)
- Safari, Version 7.0+
- Safari for iOS, Version 7+
- Online Banking Services, Transfers and Payments. When you instruct Peoples Bank to transfer funds between or among your Peoples Bank accounts through the Online Banking, you authorize Peoples Bank to withdraw the necessary funds from the Peoples Bank account you designate. As with any funds transfer request, whether or not utilizing Online Banking, you agree that you will instruct Peoples Bank to make a withdrawal only when a sufficient balance is or will be available in your designated Peoples Bank account at the time of withdrawal. Peoples Bank will not be obligated to act on any withdrawal instruction from you if sufficient funds are not available in the account you designate.
- Cost of Online Banking. There is currently no monthly service charge for Online Banking. Please refer to the Bank’s Schedule of Fees and Charges for information regarding specific fees. You are responsible for all telephone charges you incur in connecting to Online Banking. You are also responsible for charges by any Internet Service Provider you use.
- Changes in Terms. Peoples Bank may change Online Banking services and terms, including fees, set forth in this Agreement at any time. You will be notified of any such change as required by applicable law, either by mail or by an electronic message. You understand that by using Online Banking after a change becomes effective and after you are notified of the change, you are agreeing to the change.
- Cancellation. This agreement will remain in effect until it is terminated by you or Peoples Bank. You may cancel this agreement at any time by notifying Peoples Bank by mail to P.O. Box 850, Lebanon, KY 40033 Attn: Online Banking Operations. Peoples Bank may cancel this agreement and terminate your use of Online Banking services for any reason, at any time. Peoples Bank will use commercially reasonable measures to notify you in advance of any such termination, but Peoples Bank is not obligated to do so.
- Security. In order to maintain secure communications and reduce fraud, you agree to protect the security of your numbers, codes, marks, signs, public keys or other means of identification. Peoples Bank reserves the right to block access to Online Banking to maintain or restore security to Peoples Bank systems if Peoples Bank reasonably believes your access codes have been or may be obtained or are being used or may be used by an unauthorized person(s). You are liable and responsible for all Online Banking transactions made using your means of identification, whether those transactions are made by you or any person you authorize, permit or enable to have your means of identification (even if the person exceeds your authority) or by any person who obtains through you, by whatever means, your means of identification. If you have given someone your means of identification and wish to terminate their authority, or if you know or believe that your means of identification otherwise is compromised, you must notify Peoples Bank so that Peoples Bank can take the necessary steps to change the means of identification. You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Peoples Bank from and against any and all claims of any nature arising out of any such access by a person you have authorized, permitted or enabled to have access to your Peoples Bank accounts via Online Banking.
- Limit of Peoples Bank and Other Providers’ Responsibility. Peoples Bank agrees to make reasonable efforts to ensure full performance of Online Banking services. Peoples Bank will be responsible for acting only on those instructions sent through Online Banking which are actually received and cannot assume responsibility for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send. Peoples Bank is not responsible for any losses or delays in transmission of instructions arising out of the use of any Internet Service Provider or caused by any browser software. Any information you receive from Peoples Bank can only be provided on a best-efforts basis for your convenience and is not guaranteed. Peoples Bank is not liable for any deficiencies in the accuracy, completeness, availability or timeliness of such information or for any investment or other decision made using this information. Peoples Bank is not responsible for any computer virus or related problems which may be attributed to Online Banking services or to any services provided by any Internet Services Provider. In the absence of negligence on the part of Peoples Bank, none of Peoples Bank, any of its affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees or agents, is responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising in any way out of the use of Online Banking. Because some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of liability of the foregoing entities and individuals, liability is limited to the extent permitted by law.
PEOPLES BANK MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONCERNING ONLINE BANKING SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS UNLESS, AND THEN ONLY TO THE EXTENT, DISCLAIMING SUCH WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- No Other Use. Online Banking gives you access to services and information from Peoples Bank which may be presented with a distinctive “look and feel”. These services, information and “look and feel”, are the proprietary property of Peoples Bank. You may use Online Banking only for your personal use and may not reproduce, sell or distribute all or any portion of the information provided to you by Online Banking.
- Severability. In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable.
- Governing Law. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws Kentucky, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Your existing account relationships shall continue to be governed by and in accordance with the laws of the state where the Peoples Bank branch at which you initially established your bank account is located or has been transferred by Peoples Bank or as otherwise specified in the applicable agreements between you and Peoples Bank. Any issue relating to an account or service with Peoples Bank which is accessed through Online Banking shall be governed by the laws specified in the agreement for that account or service if there is a separate agreement for that account or service.
- Assignment. Peoples Bank may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with Peoples Bank or to any other party. You may not assign any of your rights or duties under this Agreement at any time.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Peoples Bank regarding your use of Online Banking services, and it supersedes any prior discussions and agreements between you and Peoples Bank regarding the Online Banking services delivered to you in writing, verbally or obtained at any Peoples Bank site or the site of any Internet service provider.
- Interruptions in Services. Peoples Bank may on a regular basis perform maintenance on Peoples Bank equipment or systems which may result in interruption of Online Banking. Peoples Bank will not incur any liability to you as a result of any such interruptions.
- Electronic Banking Disclosure.
This Electronic Banking Disclosure applies to Electronic Funds Transactions (EFTs) and Online Banking involving the accounts of a “consumer” (a natural person). If you are not a consumer, for example if you are a corporation, a limited liability company, or a partnership, then neither this disclosure nor the terms contained therein apply to you.
Electronic Funds Transactions (EFTs) cover a growing range of methods for moving funds. The common link between all these methods is that they are all means of moving money between accounts and banks electronically, rather than using the physical movement of checks, drafts, negotiable orders of withdrawal or other similar paper instruments. EFT is currently defined as any transfer of funds that is started through an electronic terminal or magnetic tape for the purpose of ordering, instructing or authorizing us to debit or credit your account. The term includes, but is not limited to, Peoples Bank’s Online Banking Services.
Chapter 167B of the Massachusetts General Laws was enacted to provide a means for financial institutions, business and consumers to conduct their business relations more conveniently. Transferring funds through Online Banking will supplement the use of checks, credit and cash, but will not replace these present methods of doing business. As a consumer, you should be aware of your rights if you choose to utilize Online Banking. We have made every effort to provide you this information in a clear and concise manner. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Branch Manager or Online Banking Operations.
||Hours: Monday – Thursday
||9:00 – 4:00
|P.O. Box 850
||9:00 – 5:00
|Lebanon, KY 40033
You may also find out information about your account by calling Peoples Bank Telephone Banking, which allows you to call our computer system via any touch-tone telephone. Depending on the type of account accessed, you may obtain information about your current and available balance; transaction inquiries or specific transactions either by dollar amount or paid check number and transfer between accounts. You may change your Telephone Banking PIN number from the prompt. During regular business hours, you can speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives who will be happy to assist you.
Telephone Banking: 1-866-540-1843
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Please use this disclosure in conjunction with the appropriate account Rules and Regulations and Truth in Savings disclosures. Additional fees may apply to EFTs; please refer to the Bank’s Schedule of Fees and Charges for further information. Finally, you may also find out information about your account through Online Banking.
Account: Any deposit account of yours at Peoples Bank. For transactions conducted using Online Banking, the term includes your Demand Deposit/Checking, NOW Checking, Savings and Money Market Accounts.
Personal Identification Number (PIN): A unique code which is selected and known only to the customer and must be used along with your Online Banking Username to perform transactions through Online Banking or used to access Telephone Banking services.
Transaction: Debits or credits on an Account, including withdrawals, deposits, transfers and purchases.
General Information about Online Banking.
Online Banking enables you to review your current account information and to transfer funds between and among your accounts, to the extent that you identify your applicable accounts on your Online Banking Application, subject to any applicable statutory or regulatory limitations. The use on Online Banking does not affect the applicable minimum balance requirements of, or rates of interest payable on, any Account.
Questions about your Electronic Fund Transfer(s) and/or Error Resolution.
Contact your Branch Manager promptly if you have a question or problem with an EFT [see telephone number in section 16(a)]. Examples of possible problems are: you think your statement is wrong; you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement; or you need more information about
We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. You need to provide us with the following information:
- Your name, address, daytime telephone number and account number;
- Description of the suspected error or problem with a clear explanation about why you believe it is an error, problem or why you need more information; and
- The dollar amount of the suspected error or problem.
If you notify Peoples Bank orally or in person, we require you to send us the foregoing information in writing within ten (10) calendar days after that oral or in person notification. Failure to provide that in writing may result in you not receiving provisional credit during the investigation period.
Peoples Bank will inform you of the status of its investigation within ten (10) calendar days following the date you notified Peoples Bank. Peoples Bank will correct any error as promptly as possible; however, it may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to complete the investigation. If more than ten (10) calendar days is needed to investigate,
Peoples Bank will provide you with provisional credit so you may have use of the money.
Peoples Bank will correct any error within one business day after determining that an error occurred. If Peoples Bank decides that there was no error; Peoples Bank will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after the completion of its investigation. Upon request, Peoples Bank will make the documentation used in its investigation available for your inspection or provide you with copies, for a reasonable fee, to cover duplication costs.
Peoples Bank’s record of your Account will be binding if there is a difference between Peoples Bank’s records and your assertion.
If you have arranged for pre-authorized transfers or issued a check to a third-party from your Account, you can stop any of these payments by contacting your Branch Manager in time for us to receive your request three (3) business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made or before the check is negotiated. A stop payment order remains in effect until the earliest of the following occurs: (1) a lapse of six (6) months from the date of the stop payment order; (2) payment of the debit entry has been stopped; or (3) you withdraw the stop payment order. We will charge you a fee for each stop payment order. Please refer to the Bank’s Schedule of Fees and Charges for further information.
The initiation by you of certain EFTs from your Account will, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, effectively eliminate your ability to stop payment of the transfer. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT STOP PAYMENT OF EFTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD NOT EMPLOY ELECTRONIC ACCESS FOR PURCHASES AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU ARE SATISFIED THAT YOU WILL NOT NEED TO STOP PAYMENT.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers and Advisability of Prompt Reporting.
Inform Peoples Bank AT ONCE if you believe there is any or the potential for any fraud regarding your account. Telephoning is the best way to keep possible losses down. Contact Peoples Bank immediately if you believe that:
- Your means of identification (as further described in Section 8) is lost or stolen;
- Your PIN and ID is known to someone other than yourself;
- You believe someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission; or
- You statement shows transfers that you did not make.
Your liability will not exceed $50.00 for any unauthorized transaction. You will have no liability unless the unauthorized transaction occurs before you notify Peoples Bank that an unauthorized fund transfer has occurred or may occur as a result of loss, theft or otherwise.
Peoples Bank’s Liability for Failure to Make Transfers.
If Peoples Bank does not complete an electronic funds transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount, according to this Agreement with you, Peoples Bank will be liable for proven losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. Peoples Bank will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of Peoples Bank’s, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the transfer would go over your credit limit;
- If Peoples Bank’s internal computer system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer, or, in the case of a pre-authorized transfer, at the time such transfer would have occurred;
- If the system failure was not intentional and resulted from a bona fide error, notwithstanding the maintenance of procedures reasonably adapted to avoid any such error;
- If circumstances beyond Peoples Bank’s control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or
- If the delay causes you no losses or damages which you can prove in court.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties.
Peoples Bank will only disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- When it is necessary for completing the transaction;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or consumer reporting agency;
- In order to comply with a government agency, court orders, lawful subpoena or to a person authorized by law to our records in the course of such person’s official duties;
- To any attorney or collection agent of Peoples Bank;
- To an employee or other auditor of Peoples Bank solely for the purpose of an official audit or accounting or to any other person for the purpose of servicing the account relationship, including preparation of the periodic statement of account, but only to the extent actually necessary;
- To Peoples Bank employees for the purpose of pursuing or disposing of a dispute or claim involving an account;
- If you give Peoples Bank written permission, provided such authorization does not remain in effect longer than forty-five (45) days.
If Peoples Bank discloses information to any person other than you or someone who is a party to the transaction beyond that which is necessary to affect the transfer or to prepare a statement, then it would be an unauthorized disclosure. Peoples Bank will send you a written notice within ten (10) business days after it becomes aware of any such unauthorized disclosure involving your account. The notice will include the following information:
- The nature of the information disclosed;
- The name of the person to whom the information was disclosed; and
- The authorization, if any, for the disclosure.
We will not sell lists containing names, address or other information about consumers using Online Banking.
You may terminate any agreement authorizing transfers to or from your account by written notice to both the person or company initiating the transfer and Peoples Bank. Only transfers scheduled to occur after Peoples Bank receives your notification are affected. Your written notice must be received with enough time so that both Peoples Bank and the other person or company have a reasonable opportunity to act on your request.
Charges for Transfers or Right to Make Transfers.
As indicated in Section 5, there are currently no monthly service charges or transaction fees for Online Banking. There are other fees associated with your account or accounts, such as stop payment fees, insufficient funds fees and ATM transactions fees; please refer to our current Service Fee Brochure.
Prohibition of Compulsory Use.
No person may:
- Require you to use a pre-authorized electronic funds transfer as a condition for the extension of credit;
- Require you either to accept a transfer service or to establish an account which is accessed electronically as conditions of employment or receipt of governmental benefit; or
- Require you to pay electronically for the purchase of goods or services.
Prohibited Means of Identification.
Your Social Security Number cannot be used as a primary identification number, although it can be used as a secondary means of identification.
Right to Change the Terms of this Disclosure and/or Agreement.
We may amend this Disclosure and/or Agreement at any time. If we change any term(s) or condition(s) which would result in a greater cost or liability to you or decrease access to your account, we will notify you at least thirty (30) days in advance. We will mail a written notice covering the substance of the amendments to your address on record. The amendment will be in effect for transactions after its effective date, unless you notify us in writing before that date that you will not use Online Banking. Otherwise, you will agree to the amendment.
We may implement a change in the terms or conditions of an account without prior notice if it is necessary to maintain or restore the security of an EFT system or a consumer’s account.
Governing Law: Conflict with Applicable Law.
The above provisions will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In the event of any conflict between these provisions and any applicable federal law or regulations, these provisions shall be deemed modified only to the extent required to comply.
IF YOU WISH TO ESTABLISH ONLINE BANKING WITH PEOPLES BANK AND IF ALL OF THE FOREGOING IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU MAY PROCEED TO COMPLETION OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION. HOWEVER, BY SUBMITTING AN ONLINE BANKING APPLICATION TO PEOPLES BANK, YOU WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGING AND AGREEING THAT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL APPLY TO AND GOVERN YOUR USE OF ONLINE BANKING . IF YOU WISH TO PROCEED WITH YOUR ONLINE BANKING APPLICATION, PLEASE INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU INTEND TO CREATE A VALID AND BINDING LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PEOPLES BANK BY SUBMITTING BELOW.